\kənvˈɜːsənt], \kənvˈɜːsənt], \k_ə_n_v_ˈɜː_s_ə_n_t]\
Definitions of CONVERSANT
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Familiar or acquainted by use or study; well-informed; versed; -- generally used with with, sometimes with in.
One who converses with another; a convenser.
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Acquainted with, familiar; having intercourse with any, acquainted ; relating to, concerning.
By Thomas Sheridan
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.