\kəmplˈa͡ɪ͡əns], \kəmplˈaɪəns], \k_ə_m_p_l_ˈaɪə_n_s]\
Definitions of COMPLIANCE
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
The act of complying; a yielding; as to a desire, demand, or proposal; concession; submission.
A disposition to yield to others; complaisance.
By Oddity Software
Distensibility measure of a chamber such as the lungs (LUNG COMPLIANCE) or bladder. Compliance is expressed as a change in volume per unit change in pressure.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. Concession; acquiescence; yielding, as to a wish, demand, or proposal; a disposition to yield to others:â€”submission; performance.
Word of the day
- Relating to ribs and transverse processes of the vertebrae articulating with them. Lying between ribs and transverse process of the vertebrae.