\t͡ʃˈɪvə͡lɹɪ], \tʃˈɪvəlɹɪ], \tʃ_ˈɪ_v_əl_ɹ_ɪ]\
Definitions of CHIVALRY
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
The system of knighthood with its usages and privileges, being originally a military organization for the defence of Christendom against the Pagan and the Turk; the body or order of knights, or any such body; the qualifications of a knight, such as dignity, courtesy, bravery, respect for the right, respect for womanly dignity and purity, and military address; a tenure of lands by knight's service.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
Brazilian Pepper Tree
- small Brazilian evergreen resinous tree or shrub having dark green leaflets and white flowers followed by bright red fruit; used as a street lawn specimen