\bjˈuːbənˌə͡ʊsə͡l], \bjˈuːbənˌəʊsəl], \b_j_ˈuː_b_ə_n_ˌəʊ_s_əl]\
Definitions of BUBONOCELE
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Some surgeons have confined this term to hernia when limited to the groin, and have called the same affection, when it has descended to the scrotum, Oscheoce'le, Scrotal Hernia. The rupture passes through the abdominal ring: and, in consequence of the greater size of the opening in the male, it is more frequent in the male sex.
By Robley Dunglison
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland