\aksˈɪlə], \aksˈɪlə], \a_k_s_ˈɪ_l_ə]\
Definitions of AXILLA
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Princeton University
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
The cavity beneath the junction of the arm with the shoulder; the armpit; (F.) Creux de l'Aisselle. It is bounded, anteriorly, by a portion of the pectoralis major; posteriorly, by the latissimus dorsi. It is covered with hair, contains much areolar membrane, lymphatic ganglions, important vessels and nerves, and numerous sebaceous follicles, furnishing an odorous secretion. In consequence of such secretion, the ancients called it emunctorium cordis.
By Robley Dunglison