\ˈaksɪəl], \ˈaksɪəl], \ˈa_k_s_ɪ__ə_l]\
Definitions of AXIAL
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
1. Relating to an axis. 2. Relating to or situated in the central part of the body, in the head and trunk as distinguished from the extremities. 3. In dentistry, relating to or parallel with the long axis of a tooth.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By James Champlin Fernald
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- Predetermined sets of questions used collect data - clinical data, social status, occupational group, etc. The term is often applied to a self-completed survey instrument.
- axenic animals
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a