AVM (ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION) INTRACRANIAL
\ˌe͡ɪvˌiːˈɛm ɑːtˈi͡əɹɪˌə͡ʊvnəs mˌalfɔːmˈe͡ɪʃən ˌɪntɹəkɹˈe͡ɪnɪəl], \ˌeɪvˌiːˈɛm ɑːtˈiəɹɪˌəʊvnəs mˌalfɔːmˈeɪʃən ˌɪntɹəkɹˈeɪnɪəl], \ˌeɪ_v_ˌiː__ˈɛ_m__ ɑː_t_ˈiə_ɹ_ɪ__ˌəʊ_v_n_ə_s m_ˌa_l_f_ɔː_m_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n__ ˌɪ_n_t_ɹ_ə_k_ɹ_ˈeɪ_n_ɪ__ə_l]\
Definitions of AVM (ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATION) INTRACRANIAL
Sort: Oldest first
Congenital vascular anomalies of the brain characterized by tangles of thin walled arteries which communicate directly with veins without intervening capillaries. The malformations vary greatly in size and location, and produce symptoms through rupture (see also INTRACRANIAL HEMORRHAGES), mass effect, and vascular steal effect. Clinical presentation is often delayed until the fourth or fifth decade when affected individuals may develop headaches, seizures, and focal neurologic deficits. Large hemorrhages may result in coma or death. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p848)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- a programming language designed for use on specific class of computers a set of instructions coded so that the computer can use it directly without further translation Programmed language directly understood and executed by a machine, typically computer. Requires no conversion or translation. English-like languages, known also as high level are industry-renown: Basic, C, Java, the like. These coded programs, then converted into machine language, low an assembler, compiler, interpreter. It is different for each type of CPU, often having unique operation sets. in native binary comprised only two characters: 0 1. difficult to read, less likely humans.
- AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation) Intracranial
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a