ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERS WITH HYPERACTIVITY
\ɐtˈɛnʃən dˈɛfɪsˌɪt dɪsˈɔːdəz wɪð hˌa͡ɪpəɹɐktˈɪvɪti], \ɐtˈɛnʃən dˈɛfɪsˌɪt dɪsˈɔːdəz wɪð hˌaɪpəɹɐktˈɪvɪti], \ɐ_t_ˈɛ_n_ʃ_ə_n d_ˈɛ_f_ɪ_s_ˌɪ_t d_ɪ_s_ˈɔː_d_ə_z w_ɪ_ð h_ˌaɪ_p_ə_ɹ_ɐ_k_t_ˈɪ_v_ɪ_t_i]\
Definitions of ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERS WITH HYPERACTIVITY
Sort: Oldest first
A behavior disorder originating in childhood in which the essential features are signs of developmentally inappropriate inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Although most individuals have symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity, one or the other pattern may be predominant. The disorder is more frequent in males than females. Onset is in childhood. Symptoms often attenuate during late adolescence although a minority experience the full complement of symptoms into mid-adulthood. (From DSM-IV)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- attention deficit disorder
- attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity
- attention deficit disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorders with Hyperactivity
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a