\atˈe͡ɪksi͡ə tˌɛlɐŋɡa͡ɪktˈe͡ɪzi͡ə], \atˈeɪksiə tˌɛlɐŋɡaɪktˈeɪziə], \a_t_ˈeɪ_k_s_iə t_ˌɛ_l_ɐ_ŋ_ɡ_aɪ_k_t_ˈeɪ_z_iə]\
Definitions of ATAXIA TELANGIECTASIA
Sort: Oldest first
An autosomal recessive inherited disorder characterized by choreoathetosis beginning in childhood, progressive cerebellar ataxia, telangiectasis of conjunctiva and skin, dysarthria, B- and T-cell immunodeficiency, and sensitivity to ionizing radiation. Affected individuals are prone to recurrent sinobronchopulmonary infections, lymphoreticular neoplasms, and other malignancies. Serum ALPHA-FETOPROTEINS are usually elevated. (Menkes, Textbook of Child Neurology, 5th ed, p688) The gene for this disorder has been mapped to the long arm of chromosome 11 (11q22.3).
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- A clinical syndrome characterized by development of CHEST PAIN at rest concomitant transient ST segment elevation in the electrocardiogram, but with preserved exercise capacity.
- ataxia of gait
- ataxia spirituum
- Ataxia Telangiectasia
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a