\ˌe͡ɪsɪmˈɛtɹɪkə͡l mˌɒdjʊlˈe͡ɪʃən], \ˌeɪsɪmˈɛtɹɪkəl mˌɒdjʊlˈeɪʃən], \ˌeɪ_s_ɪ_m_ˈɛ_t_ɹ_ɪ_k_əl m_ˌɒ_d_j_ʊ_l_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of ASYMMETRICAL MODULATION
Sort: Oldest first
A scheme to maximise use of a communicationsline by giving a larger share of the bandwidth to themodem at the end which is transmitting the most information.Only one end of the connection has full bandwidth, the otherhas only a fraction of the bandwidth. Normally, which endgets the full bandwidth is chosen dynamically.Asymmetrical modulation was made famous by the HST mode ofthe early high-speed modems from US Robotics.
By Denis Howe
Word of the day
fasciculus cerebrospinalis anterior
- cerebrospinal fasciculus, Tuerck's direct pyramidal tract, a subdivision anterior funiculus, or white column, of the spinal cord.
- asymmetric septal hypertrophy
- asymmetrical carbon atom
- asymmetrical data transfer
- asymmetrical mitosis
- asymmetrical modulation
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a