\ɐstɹˈɪnd͡ʒənts], \ɐstɹˈɪndʒənts], \ɐ_s_t_ɹ_ˈɪ_n_dʒ_ə_n_t_s]\
Sort: Oldest first
Agents, usually topical, that cause the contraction of tissues for the control of bleeding or secretions.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Medicines which have the property of constringing the organic textures. External astringents are called Styptics. The following are the chief astringents: Acidum Sulphuricum, A. Tannicum, Alumen, Argenti Nitras, Catechu, Creasoton, Cupri Sulphas, Tinct. Ferri Chloridi, Liquor Ferri Nitratis, Ferri Sulphas, Gallae, Haematoxylon, Kino, Krameria, Liquor Calcis, Plumbi Acetas, Quercus Alba, Quercus Tinctoria, Zinci Sulphas.
By Robley Dunglison
Word of the day
- equip (an electronic circuit or device) with transistors
- astringent drug
- astringent principle
- astringent root
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a