\ˈaʃɪz], \ˈaʃɪz], \ˈa_ʃ_ɪ_z]\
Definitions of ASHES
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
- 1790 - A Complete Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
The remains of anything burnt; the remains of a human body burnt on the funeral pyre; a dead body; the dust of the dead.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. pl. [Anglo-Saxon, Gothic] The earthy or mineral particles remaining after combustion; â€“the remains of a dead body.
Word of the day
- The surgical cutting or removal of an arm.
- asherman syndrome
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a