\ɐsˈɛndənz], \ɐsˈɛndənz], \ɐ_s_ˈɛ_n_d_ə_n_z]\
Definitions of ASCENDENS
Sort: Oldest first
Parts are thus called, which are supposed to arise in a region lower than that where they terminate. Thus, Aorta ascendens is the aorta from its origin to the arch: Vena cava ascendens, the large vein which carries the blood from the inferior parts to the heart: Obliquus ascendens (muscle), the lesser oblique muscle of the abdomen, &c.
By Robley Dunglison
Word of the day
- inflammation of the conjunctiva eye
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a