\ˈɑːθɹəpˌɒd], \ˈɑːθɹəpˌɒd], \ˈɑː_θ_ɹ_ə_p_ˌɒ_d]\
Sort: Oldest first
Members of the phylum Arthropoda of the animal kingdom, composed of organisms having a hard, jointed exoskeleton and paired jointed legs, and including among other classes, the ARACHNIDA and INSECTS, many species of which are important medically as parasites or as vectors of organisms capable of causing disease in man. (Dorland, 27th ed)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
Word of the day
- (botany) the development of a fruit without fertilization or seeds
- arthroplasties, replacement, knee
- arthroplasty, replacement, hip
- arthroplasty, replacement, knee
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a