\ɑːtˌi͡əɹɪəla͡ɪzˈe͡ɪʃən], \ɑːtˌiəɹɪəlaɪzˈeɪʃən], \ɑː_t_ˌiə_ɹ_ɪ__ə_l_aɪ_z_ˈeɪ_ʃ_ə_n]\
Definitions of ARTERIALIZATION
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
1. Making or becoming arterial; aeration of the blood whereby it is changed in character from venous to arterial. 2. Vascularization.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
The transformation of dark red venous into bright red arterial blood during its passage through the lungs, gills, or any respiratory apparatus.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
Graft vs Leukemia Responses
- Immunological rejection of leukemia cells following bone marrow transplantation.
- arterial thrill
- arterial transfusion
- arterial varix
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a