\ˈɑːm sˈɛvən], \ˈɑːm sˈɛvən], \ˈɑː_m s_ˈɛ_v_ə_n]\
Definitions of ARM7
Sort: Oldest first
A RISC microprocessor architecture fromAdvanced RISC Machines Ltd. (ARM). Building upon the ARM6family, the goal of the ARM7 design was to offer higher levelsof raw compute performance at even lower levels of powerconsumption. The ARM7 architecture is now (Dec 1994) the mostpowerful low voltage RISC processor available on the market.The ARM7 offers several architectural extensions which addressspecific market needs, encompassing fast multiply andinnovative embedded ICE support. Software development toolsare available.The ARM7 architecture is made up of a core CPU plus a range ofsystem peripherals which can be added to a CPU core to give acomplete system on a chip, e.g. 4K or 8K cache, MemoryManagement Unit, Write Buffer, coprocessor interface,ICEbreaker embedded ICE support and JTAG boundaryscan. The ARM710 microprocessor is built around the ARM7core. (http://systemv.com/armltd/arm7.html).
By Denis Howe
Word of the day
- A clinical syndrome characterized by development of CHEST PAIN at rest concomitant transient ST segment elevation in the electrocardiogram, but with preserved exercise capacity.
- arm-to-arm vaccination
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a