\ˈaɹɪstˌɒtə͡l], \ˈaɹɪstˌɒtəl], \ˈa_ɹ_ɪ_s_t_ˌɒ_t_əl]\
Definitions of ARISTOTLE
Sort: Oldest first
one of the greatest of the ancient Athenian philosophers; pupil of Plato; teacher of Alexander the Great (384-322 BC)
By Princeton University
Word of the day
venae pterygoideae pylorica
- A branch portal vein, or one of its branches, that returns blood from the pylorus.
- aristotelia serrata
- aristotelian logic
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a