\ˈɑːɡjuːɪŋ], \ˈɑːɡjuːɪŋ], \ˈɑː_ɡ_j_uː_ɪ_ŋ]\
Definitions of ARGUING
Sort: Oldest first
given to quarreling; "arguing children"; "quarrelsome when drinking"
a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement; "they were involved in a violent argument"
By Princeton University
Word of the day
- See Choltry.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a