APPOSAL OF SHERIFFS
\ɐpˈə͡ʊzə͡l ɒv ʃˈɛɹɪfs], \ɐpˈəʊzəl ɒv ʃˈɛɹɪfs], \ɐ_p_ˈəʊ_z_əl ɒ_v ʃ_ˈɛ_ɹ_ɪ_f_s]\
Sort: Oldest first
By Henry Campbell Black
Word of the day
- division Hydroidea, including those genera that secrete a stony coral, as Millepora and Stylaster. Two forms of zooids life project from small pores in the coral resemble other hydroids. See Millepora.
- apportionment clause
- apportionment of liability
- apports en nature
- APPOSAL OF SHERIFFS
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a