\ɐpˈɔːʃənmənt], \ɐpˈɔːʃənmənt], \ɐ_p_ˈɔː_ʃ_ə_n_m_ə_n_t]\
Sort: Oldest first
the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Act of distributing in portions.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
n. Act of apportioning.
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a