\ˈapə͡ltən lˈe͡ɪə], \ˈapəltən lˈeɪə], \ˈa_p_əl_t_ə_n l_ˈeɪ_ə]\
Definitions of APPLETON LAYER
Sort: Oldest first
the highest region of the ionosphere (from 90 to 600 miles up) that contains the highest concentration of free electrons and is most useful for long-range radio transmission
By Princeton University
Word of the day
- appletalk data stream protocol
- appletalk filing protocol
- Appleton Layer
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a