\ˌantɪtˈɒksɪn], \ˌantɪtˈɒksɪn], \ˌa_n_t_ɪ_t_ˈɒ_k_s_ɪ_n]\
Definitions of ANTITOXIN
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By James Champlin Fernald
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
A substance in the plasma and serum produced by the injection of the soluble products or toxins of such organisms as Bacillus diphtherias, Bacillus tetani, or by the toxins of snake venom or other animal poisons. It acts by combining with the haptophorous group of the molecules of the toxin, thus preventing the toxophorous or poisonous group from injuring the cells of the body. [Gr.]
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- English author; Charles Dodgson was an Oxford don of mathematics who is remembered for the children's stories he wrote under pen name Lewis Carroll (1832-1898) pseudonym of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson. A notable English humorist; born near Warrington, Jan. 27, 1832; died at Guildford, England, 14, 1898. His fame is based on the stories-nominally for nursery, but only appreciable in their full merit by adults- "Alice's Adventures Wonderland"(1865), and its sequel "Through Looking-Glass"(1872). They are fantasy-fables, what seems pure nonsense, really largely "reductions to absurdity" illogical popular usages language or reasoning. have been translated into most languages Europe. Some excellent nonsense verse also found collections "Phantasmagoria"(1869), poem "The Hunting Snark"(1876), inferior prose fairy-tale "Sylvie Bruno". author has published several works mathematics logic, both serious humorous form.
- antitoxic immunity
- antitoxic serum
- antitoxic unit
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a