\ɐnjuːˈɪtɪˌə͡ʊ], \ɐnjuːˈɪtɪˌəʊ], \ɐ_n_j_uː_ˈɪ_t_ɪ__ˌəʊ]\
Definitions of ANNUITIO
Sort: Oldest first
Nodding, from ad, 'to,' and nutus, 'a nod.' A gesture, denoting assent in most countries. Also, the state of somnolency, when the individual is in the erect or sitting posture, with the head unsupported, in which the power of volition over the extensor muscles of the head is lost, and the head drops forward.
By Robley Dunglison
Word of the day
- See Falcon.
- annuent muscles
- annuities of tiends
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a