\ˈanɪɡˌɒzanθəs], \ˈanɪɡˌɒzanθəs], \ˈa_n_ɪ_ɡ_ˌɒ_z_a_n_θ_ə_s]\
Definitions of ANIGOZANTHUS
Sort: Oldest first
genus of monocotyledonous plants with curious woolly flowers on sturdy stems above a fan of sword-shaped leaves; includes kangaroo's paw and cat's paw and Australian sword lily; sometimes placed in family Amaryllidaceae
By Princeton University
Word of the day
venae pterygoideae pylorica
- A branch portal vein, or one of its branches, that returns blood from the pylorus.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a