\ˈaŋɡɪˌɒspɜːmz], \ˈaŋɡɪˌɒspɜːmz], \ˈa_ŋ_ɡ_ɪ__ˌɒ_s_p_ɜː_m_z]\
Definitions of ANGIOSPERMS
Sort: Oldest first
Any member of the more than 250,000 species of flowering plants (division Magnoliophyta) having roots, stems, leaves, and well-developed conductive tissues (xylem and phloem). Angiosperms are often differentiated from gymnosperms by their production of seeds within a closed chamber (the ovary). The Magnoliophyta division is composed of two classes, the monocotyledons (Liliopsida) and dicotyledons (Magnoliopsida).
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- equip (an electronic circuit or device) with transistors
- angiospermous tree
- angiospermous yellowwood
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a