\ˈamɪlˌɒpsɪn], \ˈamɪlˌɒpsɪn], \ˈa_m_ɪ_l_ˌɒ_p_s_ɪ_n]\
Sort: Oldest first
A diastatic enzyme, resembling ptyalin, present in the pancreatic juice; it converts starch into maltose.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
Constituent ferment of pancreatin.
By William R. Warner
One of the pancreatic ferments.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a