AMOUNT OF LOSS
\ɐmˈa͡ʊnt ɒv lˈɒs], \ɐmˈaʊnt ɒv lˈɒs], \ɐ_m_ˈaʊ_n_t ɒ_v l_ˈɒ_s]\
Definitions of AMOUNT OF LOSS
Sort: Oldest first
In insurance. The diminution, destruction, or defeat of the value of, or of the charge upon, the insured subject to the assured, by the direct consequence of the operation of the risk insured against, according to its value in the policy, or in contribution, for loss, so far as its value is covered by the insurance.
By Henry Campbell Black
Word of the day
- A modification of the aeroplane, having curved surfaces, advantages which were first demonstrated by Lilienthal.
- amount at risk
- amount covered
- amount due
- amount in controversy
- amount of dispute
- AMOUNT OF LOSS
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a