\ˌe͡ɪˌɛmdˈiː], \ˌeɪˌɛmdˈiː], \ˌeɪ_ˌɛ_m_d_ˈiː]\
Definitions of AMD
Sort: Oldest first
1. Advanced Micro Devices.2. ,his system manager came in to work one morning to find his IBMsystem down with a message on the console that said "AMDfailure". After he and the service rep had puzzled overdocumentation for an hour or so they called headquarters andeventually learned that it the failure was in the coolingsystem: an AMD is an "air movement device", IBM for "fan".
By Denis Howe
Word of the day
St Vitus's dance
- A disease affecting the muscles of voluntary motion.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a