\ɐlˈɔ͡ɪz d͡ʒˈɜːɹe͡ɪsək], \ɐlˈɔɪz dʒˈɜːɹeɪsək], \ɐ_l_ˈɔɪ_z dʒ_ˈɜː_ɹ_eɪ_s_ə_k]\
Definitions of ALOYS JIRASEK
Sort: Oldest first
A Czech novelist; born in Hronov, Bohemia, 1851. His talent is for the production of faithful and effective word-paintings of Czech life and character; "Between the Streams", "Against All", and "In Foreign Service", being typical examples.
By Charles Dudley Warner
Word of the day
- See Falcon.
- Aloys Jirasek
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a