\ˈɒlməndz], \ˈɒlməndz], \ˈɒ_l_m_ə_n_d_z]\
Sort: Oldest first
A plant genus in the family ROSACEAE, order Rosales, subclass Rosidae. It is best known as a source of edible fruits such as apricot, plum, peach, cherry, and almond.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
The tonsils or glands of the throat, so called from their resemblance to the fruit of the almond tree.
By Daniel Lyons
Word of the day
venae pterygoideae pylorica
- A branch portal vein, or one of its branches, that returns blood from the pylorus.
- almond-leaves willow
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a