\ˌalkəhˈɒlɪk kˌɑːdɪˌə͡ʊmɪˈɒpəθɪ], \ˌalkəhˈɒlɪk kˌɑːdɪˌəʊmɪˈɒpəθɪ], \ˌa_l_k_ə_h_ˈɒ_l_ɪ_k k_ˌɑː_d_ɪ__ˌəʊ_m_ɪ__ˈɒ_p_ə_θ_ɪ]\
Definitions of ALCOHOLIC CARDIOMYOPATHY
Sort: Oldest first
Cardiomyopathy resulting from: (1) a toxic effect of alcohol on the myocardium; (2) thiamine deficiency due to malnutrition in alcoholics; or (3) a toxic effect of cobalt additives in beer in heavy beer drinkers. This disease is usually manifested by dyspnea and palpitations with cardiomegaly and congestive heart failure.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- division Hydroidea, including those genera that secrete a stony coral, as Millepora and Stylaster. Two forms of zooids life project from small pores in the coral resemble other hydroids. See Millepora.
- alcoholic ataxia
- alcoholic axonal neuropathies
- alcoholic axonal neuropathy
- alcoholic beverage
- alcoholic beverages
- Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a