\ˈalkəhˌɒle͡ɪt], \ˈalkəhˌɒleɪt], \ˈa_l_k_ə_h_ˌɒ_l_eɪ_t]\
Sort: Oldest first
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
Any one of a class of medicines which differ from alcoholic tinctures, first, in that the solvent contains the volatile principles of medicinal substances, and, second, in the mode of preparation, which consists in impregnating the alcohol with medicinal principles, first by maceration and then by distillation.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- To raise; set up; stir up. Backward; in or to the rear; behindhand. a-r[=e]r', adv. in the rear. [A.S. pfx. a-, on, to, and REAR.]
- alcohol, drug abuse, and mental health administration (u.s.)
- alcohol-in-glass thermometer
- alcohol-soluble protein
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a