ADVICE AND CONSENT
\ɐdvˈa͡ɪs and kənsˈɛnt], \ɐdvˈaɪs and kənsˈɛnt], \ɐ_d_v_ˈaɪ_s a_n_d k_ə_n_s_ˈɛ_n_t]\
Definitions of ADVICE AND CONSENT
Sort: Oldest first
a legal expression in the United States Constitution that allows the Senate to constrain the President's powers of appointment and treaty-making
By Princeton University
Word of the day
- advice and consent
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a