ADENOCARCINOMA, BRONCHIOLO ALVEOLAR
\ˌadənˌɒkɑːsɪnˈə͡ʊmə], \ˌadənˌɒkɑːsɪnˈəʊmə], \ˌa_d_ə_n_ˌɒ_k_ɑː_s_ɪ_n_ˈəʊ_m_ə]\
Definitions of ADENOCARCINOMA, BRONCHIOLO ALVEOLAR
Sort: Oldest first
A carcinoma thought to be derived from epithelium of terminal bronchioles, in which the neoplastic tissue extends along the alveolar walls and grows in small masses within the alveoli. Involvement may be uniformly diffuse and massive, or nodular, or lobular. The neoplastic cells are cuboidal or columnar and form papillary structures. Mucin may be demonstrated in some of the cells and in the material in the alveoli, which also includes denuded cells. Metastases in regional lymph nodes, and in even more distant sites, are known to occur, but are infrequent. (From Stedman, 25th ed)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- 1. A philter or love-potion. 2. infranasal depression, groove in midline of the upper lip. depression on upper lip beneath septum of the nose. [Greek] depression on the upper lip beneath septum of nose(anat.).
- Adenocarcinoma, Bronchiolo Alveolar
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a