\ɐdˈʌkt], \ɐdˈʌkt], \ɐ_d_ˈʌ_k_t]\
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
[Latin] To draw toward the median line. Of the arm, thigh, and leg, to draw their distal extremities toward the antero-posterior median plane of the body; of the hand, to draw its extremities toward the ulnar side of the forearm; of the foot, to rotate its extremity toward the median plane of the body; of the fingers or toes, to draw their distal extremities toward the median line of the hand or foot (but, according to some, to draw them toward the median plane of the body= for the two inner toes and fingers abduction in the ordinary sense of the word) ; of the eye, to rotate in a horizontal plane toward the nose.
By Alexander Duane
By Sir Augustus Henry
Word of the day
failure of issue
- A situation in which person dies without children who could have inherited her property.
- adducens oculi
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a