\ˈakjuːpˌʌŋkt͡ʃə], \ˈakjuːpˌʌŋktʃə], \ˈa_k_j_uː_p_ˌʌ_ŋ_k_tʃ_ə]\
Definitions of ACUPUNCTURE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 2010 - Medical Dictionary Database
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1846 - Medical lexicon: a dictionary of medical science
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
The occupational discipline of the traditional Chinese methods of ACUPUNCTURE THERAPY for treating disease by inserting needles along specific pathways or meridians.
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Puncture made with long fine needles for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes; stylostixis.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
A surgical operation, ranch in use amongst the Chinese and Japanese, which consists in puncturing parts with a very fine needle. It has been employed, of late years, in obstinate rheumatic affections, &c., and apparently with success. Acupuncture is likewise a mode of infanticide in some countries; the needle being forced into the brain through the fontanelles, or into the spinal marrow, &c.
By Robley Dunglison
Therapeutic insertion of needles.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
The kingking, zinking, or xinkien of the Chinese. A method of treating diseases by plunging one or more needles deep into the body. It is used now only occasionally, mostly for neuralgia, or to give exit to serum in edema, or in the form of electropuncture, for the purpose of treating the parts with galvanic electricity. [Lat.]
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a