\ˈakʃən mˈa͡ɪəklˌə͡ʊnəs], \ˈakʃən mˈaɪəklˌəʊnəs], \ˈa_k_ʃ_ə_n m_ˈaɪ_ə_k_l_ˌəʊ_n_ə_s]\
Definitions of ACTION MYOCLONUS
Sort: Oldest first
Involuntary shock-like contractions, irregular in rhythm and amplitude, followed by relaxation, of a muscle or a group of muscles. This condition may be a feature of some CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEMS DISEASES (e.g., EPILEPSY, MYOCLONIC). Nocturnal myoclonus may represent a normal physiologic event or occur as the principal feature of the NOCTURNAL MYOCLONUS SYNDROME. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp102-3).
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- To raise; set up; stir up. Backward; in or to the rear; behindhand. a-r[=e]r', adv. in the rear. [A.S. pfx. a-, on, to, and REAR.]
- action ex contractu
- action ex delicto
- action for poinding
- action level
- action mechanism
- Action Myoclonus
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a