\ˈak], \ˈak], \ˈa_k]\
Definitions of ACK
Sort: Oldest first
1. /ak/ The mnemonic for the ACKnowledgecharacter, ASCII code 6.2. A message transmitted to indicate thatsome data has been received correctly. Typically, if thesender does not receive the ACK message after somepredetermined time, or receives a NAK, the original datawill be sent again.
By Denis Howe
Word of the day
- See Choltry.
- acitretin, (z,e,e,e) isomer
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a