\ˈasɪtˌanɪlˌa͡ɪd], \ˈasɪtˌanɪlˌaɪd], \ˈa_s_ɪ_t_ˌa_n_ɪ_l_ˌaɪ_d]\
Definitions of ACETANILIDE
Sort: Oldest first
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
[Latin] Antifebrin; a crystalline substance, C8H9NO= C6H5N (C2H3O)H, slightly soluble in water, readily soluble in alcohol. Antipyretic and anodyne; used for headache, neuralgia, and rheumatism, and locally as an antiseptic. In excessive doses causes destruction of the blood-corpuseles, and transformation of the haemoglobin into methaemoglobin. Dose, 2-10 gr. (gm. 0.13-0.60).
By Alexander Duane
Word of the day
- sell at artificially low prices
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a