\ɐksˈɛləɹˌe͡ɪtɪŋ fˈɔːs], \ɐksˈɛləɹˌeɪtɪŋ fˈɔːs], \ɐ_k_s_ˈɛ_l_ə_ɹ_ˌeɪ_t_ɪ_ŋ f_ˈɔː_s]\
Sort: Oldest first
A f. which, acting upon a moving body, produces an acceleration of its motion; in particular, a f. of such degree as to produce upon the unit of mass a definite acceleration of velocity in the unit of time. The accelerating f. is measured by the acceleration of velocity thus produced. Any f. which acts continuously is an accelerating f.
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- A clinical syndrome characterized by development of CHEST PAIN at rest concomitant transient ST segment elevation in the electrocardiogram, but with preserved exercise capacity.
- accelerating center
- accelerating center of the heart
- accelerating center, centre
- accelerating fiber
- accelerating force
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a