\ɐbjˈuːsd wˈʊmən], \ɐbjˈuːsd wˈʊmən], \ɐ_b_j_ˈuː_s_d w_ˈʊ_m_ə_n]\
Definitions of ABUSED WOMAN
Sort: Oldest first
Women who are physically and mentally abused over an extended period, usually by a husband or other dominant male figure. Characteristics of the battered woman syndrome are helplessness, constant fear, and a perceived inability to escape. (From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3d ed)
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.
- abuse of health services
- abuse of power
- abuse of process
- abuse reporting
- Abused Woman
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a