\ˈabstɪnənsi], \ˈabstɪnənsi], \ˈa_b_s_t_ɪ_n_ə_n_s_i]\
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
A voluntary refraining from: a total or partial forbesrance from food and drink, as in fasting; abstaining from the use of strong liquors.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- Relating to ribs and transverse processes of the vertebrae articulating with them. Lying between ribs and transverse process of the vertebrae.
- abstinence symptom
- abstinence symptoms
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a