\ˈɑːɹˈɒnɪk], \ˈɑːɹˈɒnɪk], \ˈɑː_ɹ_ˈɒ_n_ɪ_k]\
Definitions of AARONIC
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1908 - Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
Pertaining to Aaron or his priesthood.
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
-AL, [=a]-ron'ik, -al, adj. pertaining to AARON, the Jewish high-priest, or to his priesthood.--n. AA'RON'S-ROD (archit.), a rod having one serpent twined round it.--AARON'S BEARD, a popular name for a number of cultivated plants--among the best known, a species of Saxifrage (S. sarmentosa), usually grown in hanging pots, from which hang long stems, bearing clumps of roundish, hairy leaves.
By Thomas Davidson
Word of the day
- an iodide that is used photography, seeding clouds to make rain, and in medicine Argenti iodidum.
- aaron copland
- aaron's beard
- aaron's rod
- aaron's rod
- aaron's sign
- a (, n. the state of being a [r.] de quincey.
- a (a) a shed for housing an airship or a (b) a ground or field, esp. one equipped with housing and other facilities, used for flying purposes. -- a` (#), a.
- a 1. the act of combining air with another substance, or the state of being filled with air.
- a 1. to infuse air into; to combine air with.
- a a club or association of persons interested in a