\jˈaŋkiː], \jˈaŋkiː], \j_ˈa_ŋ_k_iː]\
Definitions of YANKEE
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A cant name for a citizen of New England. During the War of the Revolution, the name was applied to all the patriots; and during the Civil War it was the common designation of the Federal soldiers by the Confederates. In Britain the term is sometimes applied generally to all natives of the United States.
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
Word of the day
- Noting a compound containing four replaceable hydrogen atoms. acids or alcohols, containing four replaceable atoms of hydrogen.