\vˈɪsɪd], \vˈɪsɪd], \v_ˈɪ_s_ɪ_d]\
Definitions of VISCID
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Daniel Lyons
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Word of the day
- Tilings capable of being inherited, be it corporeal or incorporeal,real, personal, mixed, and including not only lands everything thereon, but alsolieir-looms, certain furniture which, by custom, may descend to the heir togetherwith (he land. Co. Litt. 5b; 2 Bl. Comm. 17; Nell is v. Munson, 108 N. Y. 453, 15 E.730; Owens Lewis, 40 Ind. 508, Am. Rep. 205; Whitlock Greacen. 4S J. Eq.350. 21 Atl. 944; Mitchell Warner, 5 Conn. 407; New York Mabie, 13 150, 04Am. Dec. 53S. Estates. Anything capable of being inherited, be it corporeal or incorporeal, real, personal, mixed and including not only lands everything thereon, but also heir looms, certain furniture which, by custom, may descend to the heir, together with land. Co. Litt. 5 b; 1 Tho. 219; 2 Bl. Com. 17. this term such things are denoted, as subject-matter inheritance, inheritance itself; cannot therefore, its own intrinsic force, enlarge an estate, prima facie a life into fee. B. & P. 251; 8 T. R. 503; 219, note Hereditaments are divided into corporeal and incorporeal. confined to lands. (q. v.) Vide Incorporeal hereditaments, Shep. To. 91; Cruise's Dig. tit. 1, s. 1; Wood's Inst.221; 3 Kent, Com. 321; Dane's Ab. Index, h.t.; 1 Chit. Pr. 203-229; 2 Bouv. Inst. n. 1595, et seq.