\vˈɛləm], \vˈɛləm], \v_ˈɛ_l_ə_m]\
Definitions of VELUM
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
Any membrane or structure likened to a veil; in Hydro-medusae and certain Jelly-fish the annular membrane projecting inwards from the margin of the bell; a membrane in connection with the buccal cavity in the Lancelet; a membrane-like structure bordering the oral cavity of certain Ciliates; the larval swimming organ of the veliger larva; a mass of tissue stretching from the stipe to the pileus in certain Thallophytes.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland