\tɹˈʌŋk], \tɹˈʌŋk], \t_ɹ_ˈʌ_ŋ_k]\
Definitions of TRUNK
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1920 - A dictionary of scientific terms.
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
A box or chest, particularly one covered with leather or skin, so called as resembling the trunk or chest of a man's body; the stem or body of a tree apart from its branches; the main body of anything; the proboscis of an elephant; the part of the body between the head and the abdomen; a water-course made of planks.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Henderson, I. F.; Henderson, W. D.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
n. [Latin, French] The stem or body of a tree, apart from its limbs and roots; stock; –the body of an animal, apart from the limbs; –the main body of any thing; –in architecture, the shaft of a column; –the snout or proboscis of an elephant; –a box or chest covered with leather or hide, for containing clothes, &c.; a portmanteau.
Word of the day
- When an insurer must take their share the losses based on a fixed variable percentage or monetary value. Refer to excess of loss agreement.