\tˈi͡əs], \tˈiəs], \t_ˈiə_s]\
Definitions of TIERCE
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [French, Latin] A cask whose content is one-third of a pipe, that is 42 wine gallons ;-also , a liquid measure of 42 wine, or 35 imperial gallons;- a cask for packing salt provisions for shipping, containing 336 pounds or 304 pounds;- sequence of three cards of the same suit;-a particular sort of thrust in fencing.