\tˈablət], \tˈablət], \t_ˈa_b_l_ə_t]\
Definitions of TABLET
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1913 - Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1920 - A practical medical dictionary.
- 1898 - Warner's pocket medical dictionary of today.
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1919 - The Concise Standard Dictionary of the English Language
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1898 - American pocket medical dictionary
- 1916 - Appleton's medical dictionary
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By Noah Webster.
A small flat surface, especially one used for drawing, writing, etc.; a set of blank sheets of paper fastened together at one end and used for writing upon; a writing pad; in classic antiquity, one of a number of thin, flat pieces of ivory, wax, etc., fastened together and used for memoranda; a small flat cake, as of soap, candy, etc.; a pill.
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
A small disc, usually of sugar of milk, impregnated with a tincture or other fluid form of some medicament (tablet saturate), or containing a finely powdered drug incorporated with it (tablet triturate); each tablet contains a dose, or a fraction of a dose, of the remedy, and is taken internally or dissolved in water and administered hypodermically.
By Stedman, Thomas Lathrop
By William R. Warner
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By James Champlin Fernald
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
By Willam Alexander Newman Dorland
By Smith Ely Jelliffe
Word of the day
- A German historian and poet; born in Neidenburg, East Prussia, Jan. 19, 1821; died at Munich, May 1, 1891. He studied severely Konigsberg home, wrote essays of deep scholarship; "Socialistic Elements Goethe's Wilhelm Meister"; tragedy, "The Death Tiberius", the ripest historical learning; "Corsica"; other most authoritative books travel description, based on close personal study. also "Euphorion", an epic, poems high repute. But his works, unsurpassed learning vivid realization spirit their times, are commanding monument genius. City Rome Middle Ages", "Lucretia Borgia", "Urban VIII"., Monuments Popes", "Athenais", need be named.