\sˈʌpə], \sˈʌpə], \s_ˈʌ_p_ə]\
Definitions of SUPPER
- 2006 - WordNet 3.0
- 2011 - English Dictionary Database
- 2010 - New Age Dictionary Database
- 1919 - The Winston Simplified Dictionary
- 1899 - The american dictionary of the english language.
- 1894 - The Clarendon dictionary
- 1914 - Nuttall's Standard dictionary of the English language
- 1874 - Etymological and pronouncing dictionary of the English language
- 1871 - The Cabinet Dictionary of the English Language
Sort: Oldest first
By Princeton University
By DataStellar Co., Ltd
By Oddity Software
By William Dodge Lewis, Edgar Arthur Singer
By Daniel Lyons
By William Hand Browne, Samuel Stehman Haldeman
By Nuttall, P.Austin.
By Stormonth, James, Phelp, P. H.
n. [French] That which is supped ; the evening meal ; the last meal of the day. Lord's supper, the Eucharist ; a sacrament ordained by Christ for his Church in all time, wherein the eating of bread and drinking of wine signify the living by faith upon his body broken and his blood shed for its salvation.